Changes to Pittwater Place in accordance with New South Wales Government mandates – 6 May 2021
In line with recent announcements from the New South Wales Government, from 5pm on Thursday 6 May for a period of at least three days, the following restrictions will apply at Pittwater Place:
- Masks must be worn in indoor settings, including shopping centres
- Hospitality venues, including restaurants and cafes, can continue to provide service for eating and drinking, however standing while drinking will not be allowed.
This means that from 5pm on Thursday 6 May, anyone visiting Pittwater Place will be required to wear a mask at all times, unless one of the following exemptions applies:
- Medical reasons
- Under the age of 12 (although exempt, children under the age of 12 are encouraged to wear masks where practicable)
- Practical reasons e.g. eating or drinking
- Any other circumstances where it’s not safe to wear a mask.
We ask that our community remains respectful to others as reasons for not wearing a mask are not always obvious.
To help keep our entire community safe, please be sure to bring an appropriate face mask with you the next time you visit Pittwater Place.
We have implemented a number of measures to assist us and our community in adhering to this new directive, including:
- All Centre staff and contractors will be required to wear masks while at work, unless they have a valid reason not to.
- We have installed signage to remind our community that they must adhere to this mandate and not enter the Centre without a face mask unless they have a valid reason not to.
- Close work with our security team and local Police to assist in monitoring our community’s adherence to this directive.
For more information on the evolving situation and what these new mandates mean for you, please visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19.
What you can expect from us
The health and wellbeing of our entire community remains our overriding priority and something we take incredibly seriously. We continue to maintain a significantly heightened level of precaution to help keep our community safe, including:
- Strengthening our already stringent cleaning processes and ensuring that we are regularly disinfecting high-touch areas.
- Ensuring that our cleaning principles adhere to the guidelines set by the Federal Government’s Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection for COVID-19 principles.
- Positioning permanent hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre for our community to use at any time.
- A comprehensive signage package that aims to remind our customers of what they can do to help keep our community safe, including practising social distancing and exemplary personal hygiene, and staying at home if they feel unwell.
- Our security team’s close work with local Police to monitor our community’s adherence to social distancing directives.
- Adjusting air conditioning systems to maximise the intake of fresh air, ensuring quality air is circulated throughout the Centre at all times.
To keep up to date with the latest announcements regarding the Northern Beaches cluster, including up-to-date case locations, we encourage you to visit NSW Health’s Facebook page, or their website at https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx.
How you can help
We’ll be doing all we can to keep our community safe, but we also need your help. We ask that you continue to play your role in keeping our community safe. This means:
- Social distancing – always keep at least 1.5metres between yourself and others
- Maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands and using the sanitiser stations located throughout the Centre for your convenience
- Handle illness safely by coughing into your elbow or a tissue, and most importantly, stay at home if you’re feeling unwell.
- Monitor for symptoms and if symptoms occur to get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive a negative result.
We thank you for your patience and cooperation and look forward to seeing you at Pittwater Place soon.